Technical Lead - Senior Web/CMS Developer
The primary role is to architect and implement world class Direct Marketing solutions while providing a great experience for our clients. The ideal candidate takes ownership and initiative of assigned tasks, thrives in change, is detail oriented, and is comfortable working across shifting priorities and differing levels of ambiguity to find solutions.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a broad technical skill set and extensive experience in programming. As a result, the candidate should be able to design, develop and test the products required for the business needs. Moreover, the candidate should be able to work with other developers in determining product strategy.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 4+ years of full stack web development experience
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Microservice Architecture
- Keen knowledge of open source software and web development standard methodologies Knowledge of modern CMS systems and trends
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well against multiple and shifting priorities and differing levels of ambiguity
- “Can-do” attitude with a high sense of urgency
- Works under moderate supervision. Works independently in response to general work direction.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform full stack high performance, scalable, and innovative and headless CMS development by designing and building databases, middle tier services and APIs, and front end client-side web code
- Provides assistance and direction to other developers on the team, ensuring that all technologies work effectively together to improve solution performance, and processes change requests.
- Recommends and selects tools for strategic implementation, and monitors adherence to corporate standards in application design, development, and testing.
- Collaborates with business owners, analysts, engineers development teams, and infrastructure services to define, establish, and communicate application architecture standards, policies, and directions.
- Conducts analyses and proof-of-concepts for new technologies or solutions.
- Generate technical specifications and associated documentation.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 5+ years of experience in Node.js
- Relational (RDS) and document database experience (Mongodb, dynamodb)
- Knowledge of containers, especially on AWS platform (ECS, EKS)
- Knowledge of event streaming with Kinesis/Kafka and processing tools/custom applications
- High level of knowledge on AWS platform:
- Network level:, VPC, Subnets, Peering, NAT
- Analytics: Redshift, Glue, EMR, Athena
- Other Services: RDS, Dynamodb, SNS, SQS, Eventbridge, Lambdas, Api Gateway, S3, Kinesis, Cloudformation, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch.